Zenergi Signs ‘The Climate Pledge’, Co-Founded by Amazon, Committing to Net Zero by 2040
Leading energy and environmental consultancy Zenergi, has announced it is one of 200 organisations to have signed The Climate Pledge.
The Climate Pledge, co-founded by Amazon and Global Optimism in 2019, is a commitment to net zero carbon by 2040. It forms a cross-sector community of companies and organisations, working together to tackle the climate crisis and solve the challenges of decarbonising our economy.
By signing The Pledge, Zenergi is committed to three areas of action including, regularly measuring and reporting greenhouse gas emissions; implementing decarbonisation strategies in line with the Paris Agreement through real business changes and innovations; and neutralising any remaining emissions with additional, quantifiable, real, permanent, and socially beneficial offsets to achieve net zero annual carbon emissions by 2040.
Graham Cooke, Zenergi’s CEO, says: “The Zen Family’ means more than just working together to achieve great things – it also means playing our part in protecting the environment we all live in and, ultimately, our planet. Signing the Climate Pledge is part of our commitment to acting now to avert the climate crisis.”
- The UK’s leading Energy and Environmental Consultancy and holder of Environmental Best Practice awards.
- Operating on 100% renewable electricity with Guarantees of Origin Certificates.
- Providing sustainability and carbon management training to employees and customers, as well as educating the energy users of the future using the ‘Climate Crisis’ game.
- Supporting the public sector in decarbonising their estate.
- A national living wage employer and cyber essentials holder.
- Continuously reducing its GHG emissions aligned with The Climate Pledge
- Recognised by its partners and suppliers as an ethical and trustworthy organisation that gives the highest levels of service.
As well as leading its own contribution to the fight against climate change, Zenergi aims to influence other people’s actions too, through its work with organisations, leading campaigns and providing guidance online and in social media.
To find out more about the pledge visit: The Climate Pledge | Net Zero Carbon by 2040